Here's how to take care of a customer who calls in with a "gas out" or "low on fuel" situation.
1. Find the account calling in by using one of the following:
2. Regardless of how you get to the account, the detail account screen for that customer will be displayed.
3. Left-click on the tab.
4. This will display the tanks screen for that account.
5. In the bottom left of the window is the text box.
6. Left-click the down arrow and select the appropriate item for the call-in:
7. If necessary, select a date from the "Hold Until" drop-down calendar. It will default to "today" but you may want to schedule delivery for some other date.
8. For example . . . Let's say you get a call from a customer who's low on fuel and you have a delivery to that area on June 27th. To schedule this would look like this:
9. By the way, as soon as you've done this, it will immediately be reflected in the routing screen for this account.
Sometimes it's handy to print a route card to give to the driver as a written record/reminder of the situation. To do this, left-click the "Options" button and select the route card style you want to print.
10. When you're done, left-click the close button to return to the Lynx Main Menu.