This is the first step in the Period-end Billing procedure. This is where you tell the system if you want to automatically generate rental charges (or not) and, if you do, through what date. It's also where you select the date to show on the rental charge invoices.
Note: The actual processing of these rental charges is done later in the Prepare Statements process. This step is simply where you specify "what" you want to do.
From the Lynx Main Menu . . .
2. Left-click on Accounts Receivable.
3. Left-click on Period-end Billing
4. This will display the Period-end Billing window.
5. Left-click on the tab if you're not already there.
Note: Before running "Rental Charges" you should print tank report TR03 (Tank Rent Report) . . . when you do this, be sure to use the same rental date as you intend to use here. Use the report to verify that the rental charges you're about to prepare are all correct. If you find errors, make the necessary changes and re-run the report again until everything is OK.
6. Enter information:
1. Automatically Generate Rental Charges? Choose whether or not you want the system to automatically generate rental charges by left-clicking one of the radio buttons.
2. Generate Rental Charges Through. . . The system will automatically display today's date as the date to use to generate rental charges through. If you don't want to use this date, left-click the down arrow and select the date you want to use from the drop-down calendar.
3. Date to Appear on Rental Charge Invoices . . . The system will automatically display today's date as the date to appear on the rental charge invoices. If you don't want to use this date, left-click the down arrow and select the date you want to use from the drop-down calendar.
4. Next Rental Charge Invoice Number . . . When you generate Rental Charges, the system will create an invoice for each appropriate tank where rent is due. The number in this text box is the first invoice number the system will use. It will be automatically incremented by one for each succeeding invoice generated. On the Statement, this number shows up in the "Reference #" column. You can change it if you wish by simply keying in a new number.
7. When you're done, left-click the button (or left-click the tab) to go to the Generate Finance Charges process.